Friday, April 29, 2016

PowerPoint with Tweet on Title Slide

3 comments:

  1. From the beginning you connected your theme and introduced it to the class; you commented on your lack of pictures being because of the simplicity of the writing and connected it to your book, and it was seen throughout your whole presentation. Not only there, but on your blog as well. Everything is white and bright, reinforcing the theme and title. I liked slide 2, how you compared phrases and how they can mean different things. I think you did a really nice job connecting that theme to not only the presentation but the author as well. Although you didn't get to finish your presentation, you got through an abundance of information in a short time and I was impressed. You did a really nice job, and you definitely seemed knowledgeable and informed of the subject matter. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed Alex’s presentation. It did well explaining the deconstruction of symbols in literature and this theme was reflected well throughout all the materials. It is shown right in the beginning with the featuring of La Trahison des images by RenĂ© Magritte, showing that symbols are given more meaning than is inherently there by readers. In his open prompt essay Alex focused solely on the Calvino’s use of symbolism and was able to create an insightful and well written essay that explored the device most critical to his novel’s meaning. I asked Alex about to what degree deconstructionism becomes more obfuscating than divining and he explained to me that the goal is more to eliminate an orthodoxy, not necessarily promise that all interpretations are equally valid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex! I have always enjoyed your presentations; you are extremely intelligent and I have to say that your humor always compliments your projects flawlessly. We saw your humor in this presentation with your choice of poem: the “Eating Poetry” piece was hilarious yet still effective and very engaging to your audience--again, you are very good at that. You know your audience very well. You address the complexity very well but explain it at a level that everyone can understand, despite not having the same research in mind. Your tweet was funny, too, and a great way to introduce your presentation! I’m sorry you weren’t able to finish because we all wished you could. Well done with this project and this year!

    ReplyDelete